Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Fandango Quilt - finish #017

I loved this pattern the first time I saw it and knew I had to make it.  I started it in January 2018 and its my first finish in 2018!

The rings around the star is paper pieced and the other pieces were from templates.  Although it looks complex, once the pieces were cut, it was pretty easy and quick to assemble.

The quilt pattern is only available in kit form with Tula Pink Slow and Steady.  I wasn't a huge fan of this line of fabric when I so it online, but in person its beautiful!

I went for a lot of quilting on this one.  The border is quilted with a motif I learned on Youtube from Angela Walters, the Paisley Feather.  I love the texture it created is amazing. The star points are quilted with alternating feathers and arched bands.  The continuous curve was used to quilt a flower in the negative space.

Fabric: Tula Pink Slow and Steady
Batting: 80/20 Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment