Monday, January 29, 2018

Midnight Swoon - finish #015



I finally finished a King sized quilt for our bed!!  I liked the large size of the block in the pattern and the ability to use 2 fat quarters for each block. The size of the block made it perfect for doing king size.  I decided to make it 4*4 for a total of 16 blocks.  The only modification I made to the pattern was to make the sides an extra 2 inches on each side.  The result is that the quilt is a little long, but the width is perfect.  the quilt fits really well on our bed.

I did use the Longarm to quilt this quilt.  It took about 8 hours to quilt the whole thing.  I think it would have been too large to quilt on my domestic.  This quilt definitely has my favorite quilting I've done so far!

Pattern: Swoon by Thimble Blossoms
Fabric: Background was Michael Miller couture midnight, other fabrics was a mixer of Anna Maria Horner and Alison Glass SunPrints 2017, among others.
Thread: Piecing Aurifil 50 wt., Quilting Glide cone
Batting: Quilters Dream 80/20 Poly/Cotton Blend
Backing: Tula Pink free fall

This Batting is my favorite so far!  I'll definitely be using this again.  However, I need to try some Wool options.













No comments:

Post a Comment